AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Has anyone here ever adopted?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

PRW
Posted 1/16/2011 18:42 (#1553086 - in reply to #1552885)
Subject: Re: Has anyone here ever adopted?

Fremont, IA
I started to research adoption so I could prove to myself that a biological child was the only option for me, but God changed my heart and showed me the child he had in mind for my wife and I. That was ten years ago and now we have a 14 year old son that we adopted from Russia. What a blessing. I am so glad that we went through with adopting him. I was afraid I couldn't love someone elses child as my own but very quickly felt as though he had always been my child. There were high points and some nail biter times but in the end a very neat experience. The local people that handle adoptions told us to expect to wait 3 or more years to complete an american adoption. We had our son home from Russia 9 months after signing the first papers. There is lots of paper work and hoops to jump through but that keeps you busy while you wait. The cost I hesitate to say because if you really have the heart for it, the money won't be an issue. However if it's simply to have a target to shoot for we spent about 32k. Check with your cpa about tax deductions for adoption, we were able to deduct all of the expenses including travel costs. The lawyer that handled everything in Russia for us brings a group of children over here every year to spend time with prospective families and that saves the families the cost of one of the trips to Russia that are required. If you have anymore questions or just want to visit about the experience, my contact info is in my profile. God bless you and your family for considering this. People are always telling us how fortunate our son was to be adopted by us but I tell them that we are the fortunate ones to have him in our family.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)