AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Has anyone here ever adopted?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

guypatrick
Posted 1/16/2011 18:17 (#1553037 - in reply to #1551352)
Subject: RE: Has anyone here ever adopted?

North central, IA
Squish - My wife and I have five children. The oldest four are adopted, all from India. We got our son first. He was just short of one when he came to us. He is now 20 years old and is an infantry soldier in the Iowa National Guard, currently at Camp Shelby, MS. He will deploy to Afghanistan at the end of this month. His mother and I could not be prouder if he discovered a cure for cancer. Any challenges we had with him were no different than my brother had with his birth sons or than my wife's brother is currently having with his birth sons. Just the usual teenage tom-foolery and associated chicanery. I have come to believe that as a parent the best you can hope for with sons is to keep them alive during what I call the stupid phase (depending on the kid maybe starting at about 12 or 13 and ending sometime between 20 and 35).

When he was age 3 we adopted 3 girls ages 3, 5 and 7. So they are now 20, 22, and 24. All are productive citizens at various stages of their post-secondary educations. The middle one is married to a fine young man and I am hopeful there will be grandchildren in my future.

Within one year after the 3 girls arrived a daughter was born to us. Had she been born first we would have been deprived of the blessing that the others have been to us.

Our children came through Holt International Children's Services http://www.holtinternational.org/ but there are several good agencys dealing with international adoption.

Email me if you like. Let me know here if you do so I'll know to look for it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)