AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

People With kidney problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Browncows
Posted 1/16/2011 18:01 (#1553011 - in reply to #1552540)
Subject: Re: People With kidney problems

Capac, Michigan
I was on dialysis for a year and a half before a transplant, but I was 23 at the time. I chose to have it done at the center because I always thought that if something went wrong there would be someone who knew what they were doing at all times. I owned a herd of dairy cows at that time that I was milking 3x with the help of one employee. I kept going for about 5 months before it just got to be too much, even going to 2x milking, when I would end up in the hospital my hired man had to do it all. I ended up selling my cows and helped my brother crop farm, and worked on a large dairy on the days I didn't go to dialysis, some days after dialysis too. You move a little slower but it was sure better than before dialysis. When I found out that my kidneys quit my body was so toxic that I had a blood infection, and my blood sugar was over 700, they didn't know how I was still standing I was in the hospital for 21 days. The doctors told me if I would have waited another week I wouldn't have made it. My suggestion would be to go to the center the earliest he can ( if thats the route he chooses) it's a lot easier to sleep through when you start at 5:30 am. If that makes him to tired do the latest so he has time to rest. He will probably feel a lot better than he does now but everybody is different. If he does it at home with the tube in his side he will have to do it everyday in a clean enviroment. If he gets it done at the center its say 5 hrs 3 days a week. Just my thoughts, he can live a long time on dialysis have to think of it like getting up everyday you just have to do it. Good Luck, it's not as bad as it sounds.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)