AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

dog is really shedding (what to do?)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jdeere57
Posted 1/16/2011 14:15 (#1552613 - in reply to #1552134)
Subject: RE: We need help to....Meet Rowdy

Pennyrile, West Ky.

I feel your pain, Rowdy is a Lab/Golden Retriever mix, and believe me he sheds like a dog with a winter coat would if he were exposed to a week on July weather, He will be 2 in early march and we've had him since he was weened, We fell in love with him from day one, he has more, "and better" personality than most people I know, and not just because he's ours, believe me he is one smart dog, He went from a adorable fuzz ball you could hold in both hands to an adorable 100 lb. shedding macnine.

Now to the point at hand, we've had him to three vets for the shedding that began around age one, They all said the half of him that's Retriever was naturally prone to shedding,,,one vet suggested a Claritin allergy pill everyday, along with a fish oil tablet and a change in diet, we were giving him puppy chow along with table scraps, a diet of strictly (duck and potato) dog food was recommended,,,that stuff ain't cheap but we used it for about 4 months, All the expense, pills and dog food proved to be no help, the vacuum cleaner seems to do more good than anything and he actually likes it,,,,,,,,so about anything that's mentioned here, I'll at least give it a try.

BTW, like you I mentioned early this fall to make him an outside dog,,,Boo Boo, that about caused me and the wife to get our second divorce, lol. She is of the mind that if one of our children for some reason had a problem with their hair falling out that we would have not put them outside,,,,I guess she has a point, I (We) love him like a child and he's given me a lot less grief,,,lol....

I hope someone here can offer some help,,,,,,,,,,,,Good luck to both of us....John                                                            

Edited by jdeere57 1/16/2011 14:21

(Rowdy 008 (Small).jpg)

(Rowdy 007 (Small).jpg)

(Rowdy 011 (Small).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Rowdy 008 (Small).jpg (29KB - 82 downloads)
Attachments Rowdy 007 (Small).jpg (44KB - 80 downloads)
Attachments Rowdy 011 (Small).jpg (41KB - 77 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)