AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lazik eye surgery
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

btruck
Posted 1/16/2011 02:02 (#1551981 - in reply to #1551852)
Subject: RE: Lazik eye surgery

MN
I can't remember if I had it done in 98 or 99. It's been a while. I was horribly nearsighted before.

Went in, sat in the chair, they suction cupped the cutter to my eye, pulled the cutter off, and put the laser to it. The red dot they have you look at got clearer as it burned away. Ended up with 20/20 in one eye and 20/25 in the other.

A friend brought me home and I sat around the house all day. That evening we went back to get my pickup. That was a mistake. The halo's were pretty bad.

The next day I bought a good pair of sunglasses and spent the day outdoors at an auction. You will be light sensitive for a little while.

My experience was for the first 6 months after having it done my eyesight was pretty variable. My focus would change throughout the day. Not a huge amount, just enough to be noticeable. After 6 months it stabilized and was fine. The halo's at night were pretty bad for the first 2 weeks so I limited my night-time driving. They got progressively better and after a year I didn't have any real issues. I did have dry eyes, but not as much as some have reported. I don't use any type of glasses now, but they tell me I'll need reading glasses just like everyone else when I get older, but it'll be nice not having bi-focals.

I would definitely go somewhere that did the followups themselves, and consider the lifetime correction.

I have a sister and 2 friends that have had the procedure done since. One of the friends had itchy eyes for a couple of weeks.

It took me about a year to get away from the habit of reaching for my glasses every morning when I woke up.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)