AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What was/is your favorite car?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 1/15/2011 10:44 (#1550333 - in reply to #1550070)
Subject: Owned? '68 Mustang - Favorite? 450SLC Mercedes

West Union, Illinois

I had a '68 Mustang coupe. This is not it, but it looked just like this.  Same year, body, and color.  Even had a small lift kit like this one apparently does.  OEM they kind of drug their tail:

from http://allfordmustangs.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/32071/ppus...

Back seat was worthless so we took it out and built a plywood deck and carpeted the car with blue shag carpet.  Put a Muntz 8-track (this was state of the art)

under the deck so it was out of the way, and hooked it up to home stereo speakers setting on the deck.  There was enough wire on them to set them on the roof when parked.

Being the geek I am it had a SSB CB radio in it

with co-phased 48"Hustler fiberglas antennas mounted to the rain gutter.

Had a pair of PerLux 200T foglamps (yes truck drivers, the BIG ones) mounted in the grill.

from http://www.collectibles-articles.com/antique/Collectible-Per-Lux-20... ....COLLECTIBLE ?

Cracked an exhaust manifold, so I replaced them with headers and header mount Hush Thrush mufflers with 36" extensions that came out in front of the rear wheels.  Had a sound all its own.

When we found we were going to be a family traded it for a '70 Nova 4 door.  Some kid bought it and wrapped it around a light pole the first night.

Friend's dad had a 450SLC.

I helped put a digital display stereo in it when they first came out.  Had 100,000 miles on it and road smoother and quieter than Gramp's brand new Pontiac Bonneville. And as I recall it got close to 20 MPG

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)