AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

how USDA gets its numbers....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Mlebrun
Posted 5/27/2007 16:52 (#155019 - in reply to #154900)
Subject: RE: how USDA gets its numbers........so why

SW MN and Gold Canyon AZ
I don't see what the big deal is if someone wants to do a yield survey and they happen to pick my field as a random sample. Its not like there in my machine shed stealing my tools or something.If they used only people that would let them it would not be random now would it??
Like I said its not a big deal if they want to walk in my field. Around here in the fall during hunting everybody I know can hunt my land and visa versa. I encourage hunting as long as there not in the field when I am. Wildlife does more damage than a known hunter does.
Like I said its not a big deal. I don't know why people get so upset over these yield surveys.The more surveys the better chance of averaging the results.
The FSA office can send any of there workers to check bins on my yard without me even knowing they where there.As long as they don't leave a bin door open or something its cool with me, its there right to check. I'm glad they do just in case a bin was getting hot.
Whats a seed sign got to do with anything??
I guess some of us are more laid back then others and don't get there shorts in a knot.
Like my dad used to tell me when I got upset over something. "Son , it really doesn't matter, cause in 5 years ,10 years or 100 years its not going to really matter now is it??
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)