AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rice Questions from a Newbie
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Maddy
Posted 5/27/2007 00:55 (#154779 - in reply to #154667)
Subject: RE: Rice Questions from a Newbie

Yes, rice is emerged. It was not when I sprayed Prowl the first for the first go round.

The rice was dry seeded, drilled into tilled grounded. I'm not sure of the leaf stage - it is about 5-7 days post-emerge, probably running 2-3 inches tall.

Weeds are mainly barnyard grass, a little kochia, some pigweed as well. I'm a sad excuse for an agronomist, but I'll say mostly grasses and a few common broadleaves - we shouldn't have any aquatics or red rice, unless it came with the seed!

This is not commercial, or for feed - it is for research, basically a viability trial. I'm a grad student charged with looking over the first rice trials (that I know of) in the state of Kansas. So, that segways into your last question - max yield, quality, economics aren't really even the limiting factors - we are just trying to raise a crop.

What I've looked into on herbicide labels, plus a nice discussion with a co-op in Craighead, Arkansas, has me wanting to put on full rates of Stam and Facet. We have yet to flood and will not do so until we get another herb application on.
Thanks for your input, I'm just a wheat/corn farmer poking in the dark right now!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)