AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dry fertilizer help...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

bleedred
Posted 5/26/2007 21:49 (#154717)
Subject: Dry fertilizer help...

East Central Ia
I am pretty new to looking at dry fertilizer. Dad has always handled what we get spread. I am working my way into this role and learning as I go.

I am very interested in strip till and am trying to get the logistics worked out for my different options of units to use. I really like the job that the Dawn units do and I want to figure out what my fertilizer program would look like to put everything down dry in one pass. All my N would need to go down as well. I got prices from my local fert/chem dealer but I am trying to figure what mix i would need if I wanted to put that much dry N down and what it would cost. I normally put down 140-150# of actual N from NH3 on corn after beans and 180# actual from NH3 and 20 or so from the plow down on my corn on corn ground.
If I wanted to put all my N down dry and a maintenance level of P and K with it what would I be looking at for #s of product applied per acre? Trying to figure out what equipment I would need to buy and how efficient it would be to operate on a acre/fill basis.

My other option is to use a knife type setup and put my N down from NH3 and blow the maintenance P and K in dry.

Thanks in advance!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)