AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tornado
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

godenise
Posted 1/4/2011 01:31 (#1525442 - in reply to #1523602)
Subject: RE: Tornado

Weather can be very scary at times, knowing how many lives it has taken in the past. Many will blame God for bad things happening to them due to weather, or ask why did God allow this to happen. Elijah's story is a story we can all learn from.

1 Kings 17:1.... Elijah prays for no rain... God hears his prayer..... and it does not rain for 3 1/2 years.

1 Kings 18:38.... Elijah prays for fire.... God hears his prayer.... and the fire of the Lord fell and consumed the sacrifice which was drenched with water 3 times.

1 Kings 18:41.... Elijah told Ahab there was rain coming... prayed for it in :42.... and in :45 there was a great storm from God with much wind and great rain.

Elijah now running for his life..... 1 Kings 19:2... threatened by Jezebel.... was touched by an Angel and fed and given to drink 2 times.... he ran for 40 days and 40 nights to a cave on mount Horeb.

1 Kings 19:10... Elijah is feeling very sorry for himself.... thinking he is the only one left that loves and serves God..... At this point, Elijah's preference may have been for God to kill them all... get rid of them all for being so disobedient...... but..... God shows Elijah in :11 a strong wind.. "but, the Lord was not in the wind," and then next an earthquake..."but, the Lord was not in the earthquake," and after that a fire..... "but, the Lord was not in the fire," and after the fire... God showed Elijah a "still small voice."

This still small voice = a gentle breeze.... showing Elijah that He is a God that is very, very patient, loving, kind and longsuffering. He is not in the bad weather or wind, the fires or the earthquakes.... He is that still small voice..... we can find Him in the gentle breeze, we can find Him in our mind if we quiet it, and listen. He is so very patient and longsuffering and does not desire to wipe people out. He desires to be patient with them. Ahhh, what a wonderful God.

We can look at weather....... just like we look at the law of gravity... the laws are all in motion. Can and will God divert a tornado? Absolutely He can and has for me and my children many times...... as I see on the TV a tornado heading straight for my little town, my children and I just pray to our Father in heaven that He please divert that tornado from us..... and just a very short time later..... we see on the TV that the tornado takes a turn away from us. It is such an awesome thankful feeling to see Him do that for us.

I feel very badly for all who are harmed or killed by weather, battle, gravity, accidents, bad guys, diseases, etc. It is very important to not blame God by saying He did it. Did God allow the death or harm to happen? Yes, He allows weather and gravity to go according to their law... as far as most other bad things that happen to people, especially if it is inflicted to us by another being, it has to do with each being having a choice. A choice to either love or hate. Praise the Lord that he is such a very patient and longsuffering Lord and Father. For, if we choose to hate today..... we still have tomorrow to choose love.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)