AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The toilet tuber tale continues.......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jj4910
Posted 1/3/2011 21:17 (#1524809)
Subject: The toilet tuber tale continues.......

SE Wyoming

So we got the potato out of the toilet yesterday afternoon.  Since I had used the bathtub as a workbench of sorts for the toilet, we had to sanitize with three different types of disinfectant.  Only three, because thats all we had.  I went to the little mexican grocery store around the corner, the only grocery store mind you, and tried to explain that I needed something more potent.  All I got was a puzzled look and more frustrated.  So I settled on three.  Anyway all is well, and my intentions were to replace the toilet this afternoon.  So we are getting ready for bed, and I come across the odor of three different disinfectants in an unlikely place.  Open the door to the downstairs bathroom and there was my disinfected water running out of the shower.  I just about passed out.  Not from the odor, but from the sudden realization that there was sewer water in MY bathroom.  Now at this point we are in a full on poo water crisis, and I was on the verge of a meltdown.  If you guys hadn't already figured it out I'm a bit of a germophobe.  This was really not my day.  So now the problem of this mess.  I now am in the market for a few large bath towels.  They were sacrificed for the greater good.  Finally got the water mopped up off the floor, until the wash machine decided to one-up me.  AHHHHH CRAP!  I forgot to turn it off.  So then a few more bath towels were sacrificed for the greater good.  Now I'm soaking wet and worst of all... I can't shower.  I am freaking out at this point.  I ended up using a combination of baby wipes, Clorox, and hand sanitizer to wash up with.  I almost slept.  I called the plumber, and he finally made it out this afternoon.  There were tree roots in my drain line.  In January, in Wyoming no less.  Aren't trees supposed to be dormant this time of year?  Main line is PVC, I'm talking sewer not air.  Must be broken somewhere.  We'll have to deal with that in the spring.  So finally I got the toilet reinstalled and the downstairs mopped up.  Several towels were disposed of.  I am still too afraid of the shower to even open the door.  Might have to hire someone to clean that up.  I am now ready for a long hot shower, and nice, new, clean, bed linens.  Seems like vegetables and trees are all stacked against me this week.  I hope this is the end for awhile.  I have run out of Clorox.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)