AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Jury Duty this week
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Sledge
Posted 1/3/2011 21:17 (#1524807 - in reply to #1524721)
Subject: Re: Jury Duty this week

Extreme SW Minnesota Iowa border
In my county we have a really cool manager for district courts. If you are a farmer, you will have no problem getting on the Dec, to Mar, shift or the June to Aug, shift. When you are asked to serve, just write back and tell them to put you in that time frame, and they will be very accomodating. I have served twice, and both times in the winter about January. When the Lawyers go through the Voie Drie, or what every its called, they ask every one if they want to be there or not. My stock answer was, "It was "blank" degrees below zero this morning, and this court room, is a nice warm 72. It even got the judge to crack up every time. You learn a whole lot the first time you serve on a jury. We have 3 judges that serve on our District court, and I found out that 2 of them are really nice guys out of the court, but, HOLY COW, in court, they are all business. The defendant was really ticking the judge off, and we were all lead out of the room, but, you could still hear the judge just chewing that guys butt out. I couldn't hear exactly what he was saying, but, I could tell he was pi$$ed.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)