AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Jury Duty this week
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Red/Green
Posted 1/3/2011 19:12 (#1524431 - in reply to #1524346)
Subject: Re: Jury Duty this week

Elizabethtown,KY
I've served twice on jury trials, once for a meth trial, and another for a dump truck hitting a car and turning over on it. Turns out the guy we were trying on meth charges had been arrested 3 times AFTER the offense we were trying him for. Of course they don't TELL you that until after the trial is over. Seven of us could see right through him and wanted to throw the book at him, but 2 women and 1 man were too liberal to see that, so he wound up getting off with way less sentence than he should have. There were 7 other people arrested at the same time as this perp, this cat was already a convicted felon and had an Uzzi at the scene when arrested. He should have been sentenced as a persistent felon and gotten about 50 years, but those 3 jurors kept it from happening. You should have seen the smirk on his face when the verdict was read! I was lucky in that both times I was called for jury duty in September when corn harvest starts here, I just filled out the form and sent back in requesting my jury time be moved to Jan-Feb as I am a 1 man show, judge allowed it both times. I was called the 3rd time in less than 2 years after last serving, I sent the form back in and asked if there weren't enough people in Hardin county that I had to serve 3 times in less than 10 years, haven't been called since.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)