AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

cloning external HDs
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Chip
Posted 5/17/2007 15:41 (#151070 - in reply to #151007)
Subject: RE: cloning external HDs

(not that this really matters today, but)

I think if it had been done in a dos window, the filenames would have been preserved.......but like you say, it is really just running together for me.

I've spent too much time already in MS's site looking for some type of reference and can't find it......but I googled xcopy calls xcopy32 and also googled xcopy launches xcopy32 and found numerous references that said xcopy32 ran under a dos session in W95/98, while xcopy ran at the prompt--but none of these references were official, and there were plenty of references that instructed one to run xcopy32 specifically. (I think google is actually a verb now)

Not that this information is of much use to anyone anymore, I'm just trying to figure out how senile I've gotten! :) I did several computers (transferring the old hard drive to a newer bigger hard drive), but I just can't remember if I ran xcopy or xcopy32.....but I *do* remember that it had to be in a dos session under Windows, but I just *think* that xcopy called xcopy32 automatically.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)