AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

This is what Christmas is all about. PICS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

kinzepower
Posted 12/24/2010 05:47 (#1504047)
Subject: This is what Christmas is all about. PICS

SW Ontario
I have a farm that the previous owner planted 20 000 trees and had intentions of making it into a Christmas tree farm. The trees were never managed, but there is always that perfect one you can find.
We have had a huge amount of snow and me and my 3 girls hopped on the snowmobile and went looking.
What alot of fun trudging thought the deep snow looking for a tree for Christmas. People would give their eye teeth to be able to do this and we get to do this every year.
We have been so lucky the last few years as we have had snow when we go and do this, it makes it so...'Christmasy'.
You feel like you are in the middle of no where, the trees and the snow absorb all noise and is silent back in here.
Funny thing is, this farm borders on London airport, as you can see by the fence in the one picture...but you would never know it when you are surrounded by the trees, it is kind of surreal.

This is the type of experience that makes life worth living.
We brought the tree home and the girls made decorations for it and it looks awesome...I am truly a lucky man.

BTW, I got to try out my new sled as well. Just got a new Ski-doo 800 e-tec renegade, that is my Christmas present.

Christmas tree hunt

off to find a the perfect tree

Carly working to cut down the tree

Carly digging out the branches

Thaught we were in the middle of nowhere?

Edited by kinzepower 12/24/2010 06:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)