AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Had a really good evening yesterday.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ChrisTN
Posted 12/23/2010 09:46 (#1502389)
Subject: Had a really good evening yesterday.....

Ethridge, TN

Made the trip to Nashville, to Bridgestone Areana, and attended one of the last shows that Garth Brooks was putting on. Gonna date myself, but I had always wanted to go to one of his shows when he was turing, but this farming things always seemed to have something going on to where we just couldn't get it in the plans, or we couldn't get tickets.

Last night was like being able to take that step back in time, and do something you had really wanted to do, but had put off for one reason or another. Best time my wife and I have had in a long time, plus our downs syndrome daughter absolutely loved it.

Parked at LP field, parking guys there were just great, as we have that big ol' Dodge 3500 quadcab, but they let "us" choose our parking space, so I was able to park in an end slot, which made it real easy to get out after the show. Road the shuttle to and from the show, and had great people to ride with both directions, no falling down drunks or the obnoxiuos. Lots of people our age, but also amazed and how many younger folks there were mixed into the group, and they knew his songs. Only been about this last year that I've heard the radio stations start playing his songs again.

Anyhow, I have watched tapes of his shows, so sort of had in the back of my mind what those were like, and it was amazing, as it was like he and his band had just picked right back up from where they had dropped off. Crowd was absolutely into it, and you could really feel the energy. Bonus was also getting to hear Trisha Yearwood perform with him, as my wife is a Trisha fan. Just a good time.

Only mistake I made, was when we got to the areana, we happened to run into a fellow from northen Indiana, that was a farmer. Sort of happened as I had grabbed my JD hat, along with my CaseIH coat, and the guy just had to comment on how one could wear both. Got both, use both, so I wear both. After all, paid alot for those items so they'd give me the toys ! ? ! ? !  I wished I'd asked him if he was here on NAT, but at the moment, I just didn't think about it. Thought hit me about the time we got to our seats, course we stood, clapped, and kept time with our feet for the whole lenght of the show ;-)

Made for a very good Christmas present for us.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)