AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Free-range children.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Lil' Hoss
Posted 12/13/2010 16:19 (#1483883 - in reply to #1483681)
Subject: Re: Free-range children.

NESD
Our ex next door neighbors are like that,Basically white trash, one evening as the mother sat on the front step, smoking and chatting on the phone, her young kids were running in the street, several cars had to stop for the kids to get out of the way and she never once told the children to get out of the street, the kids also had toys scattered on our driveway since I have the only concrete driveway on the block.

My wife finally had enough and went over to the neighbor and asked her to pick up the toys and get the kids out of the street, the neighbor gal just looked at her and said "It takes a whole community to raise a child" and went back to her conversation which was the wrong thing to do, when my wife got done with the neighbor she came and picked up the toys and we never had a problem with them again, and the kids didn't play in the street either. I think my wife pointed out to the neighbor that as a RN if she saw what amounted to child abuse or endangerment that she had a duty to inform child services and apparently that struck a nerve, I often wondered if they had maybe been down that street before.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)