AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Does anyone use a paperless office?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Funacres
Posted 12/13/2010 01:07 (#1483006 - in reply to #1482849)
Subject: RE: Does anyone use a paperless office?

Texas

Ryan,

I'm not totally paperless but I use Neat Receipts for much of the paper clutter.  I especially like it for scanning in the ATM card receipts such as the fuel pump printer receipts because they are hard to file and fade in a couple of years.

The software and scanner are fast and the receipts can be sorted many different ways and reprinted if a paper copy is needed at a future time.  I have been using this system for several years and like it.  When I'm working with my records I can have the program open and sorted according to date, amount, etc. which makes retrieval very easy to verify an entry.  I use two monitor screens and have one monitor that is huge which allows me to window three apps at once.

I still keep hard copies of contracts and most of the monthly statements & invoices.  It's just easier for me to throw those things in the file cabinent instead of scanning them.  I do scan most of the occasional vendor items that I don't want to maintain a file for.

Quickbooks now has a feature that allows you to scan the receipt and index it to the entry.  I'm using Farmworks and I asked them if that was in the future plans.  The reply was that it was on the wish list for some future update.  The paperless office makes a lot of sense to me for most of the items that need to be filed away.  There a several exceptions though in my view.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)