AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Problems with new digital TV
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

gene_champ
Posted 12/12/2010 20:05 (#1482476 - in reply to #1482248)
Subject: RE: Problems with new digital TV

NC Iowa
if you are in a fringe area like me this will do the job. get a 'antennas direct' 91xg uhf antenna. get a channel master 7777 preamp. if you have vhf stations available, get a small vhf antenna also, and mount it above the uhf on the same mast. read and follow the instructions carefully. you can hook both antennas into the 7777 preamp. then one wire comes down into the house. if you have multiple tv's, get a dristrubtion amplifier also. mount antennas it as high up as you can. tower is best. if you have a close station, it might be over amplifed and hurt reception on the close ones. should get you out to about 70 miles max. works best with a rotor. all of my stations are in a line to the n.e., so i get by without a rotor. there is a website (tvfool i think) you can go to, will tell you all stations around you. compass points, and reception zone. local tv station engineer can be helpful. report back, it took me a lot of research.

it gets enough tv for us. 3 main networks, fox, 3 iowa public tv, 2 or 3 minn public tv.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)