AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Selling our first house? What would you do?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

hinfarm
Posted 12/2/2010 08:34 (#1464572 - in reply to #1464528)
Subject: Re: Selling our first house? What would you do?

Amherst WI
roarintiger1 - 12/2/2010 06:59

My advice was to split it up and maybe get rid of the mobile home also. Two or three vacant lots may sell for more than one with a mobile home.

Another thought, What about renting it out? At least you'd have some cash flow.

No way would I rent it out, my dad had apartments up until a couple years ago. He had nothing but problems with tennents. I told him if he died I would contact a realator on the apartments before I would talk to the funeral director.

The kind of people that would rent it are the same ones that can't qualify to buy it, and for what our payments are on it, it would rent out for close to the same price but yet a bank won't give them the money for it. I have enough people that owe me money, I don't need more and they get to wreck my stuff along the way.

The lot would be hard to split. It is only about 250 feet wide, but very deep. Also the back 5 or 6 acres is marsh=worthless, unless your a hunter.

I wish we never bought this thing. Long story why we did buy it but I won't go into that here. My biggest concern when we bought it was that it would lose value, the realator at the time (the one that seller hired) claimed it would only lose value if it was in a trailer park, if it was like ours it would hold its value or appreciate. Obviously the economy isn't helping but I am pretty sure my concerns we correct early on.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)