AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

lighthearted part 2-- white lies
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

sfi
Posted 12/2/2010 00:07 (#1464353 - in reply to #1463804)
Subject: RE: lighthearted part 2-- white lies

Oregon

Well, you have to know what a hop field looks like to "get" this story.

Some city slicker (I don't recall the person) was riding in the car (out here in our area) with my wife one day.  One of the hop farms was laying out a new field.  They mark out the whole field grid with little wood stakes at the location for each plant to be planted.  As they passed the slicker asked what's that?  My wife told her it was a telephone pole field that was just being planted.  A short ways along they passed by a hop field trellis.  She said see, they grow up like this and this field is ready to be picked.  The slicker believed her !  lol

We grow grass seed.

When my son was little and cute (like maybe 3 yrs) we were at the coop getting supplies.  We walked into the grass seed warehouse which was about completely full while we were waiting.  The smell of seed was very noticeable.  Do you smell that Kenny?  Ya dad, that smells good.  That smells like money Kenny.  Ooooh.

Sometime later the two of us were at another place that had several bags of grass seed inventory near the counter.  He was so cute.  Dad, dad, it smells like MONEY in here!

Edited by sfi 12/2/2010 00:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)