AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hearing Aids
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

FlyLow
Posted 11/17/2010 20:24 (#1441065 - in reply to #1440485)
Subject: Lots of good research info.

South Texas

http://lloydhearingaid.com/

I am very lucky to have VA cover mine and they provided Phonak brand.  Those behind the ear ones are very good if they're digital.  I had an in-ear model first and the battery is very limited.  It also just amplified whatever came in so was far less effective--it's some 15 yrs old and I don't use it anymore.

The set I have provide a dozen or so "modes" for outdoor, indoor, low and high background noise, specific zone amplification and such.  Heck, I set it on "average" and let it there.  I suspect all the gizmos are just selling points.  Once you go digital, it's easy and cheap to provide lots of nice sounding programs, but it's all hype, I think.  You'll find a good program and just let it ride.  The little tubes that fit in the ear don't look like they'd work, but they are no problem.

The batteries for the behind the ear ones will last up to a week or so if you turn them off at night.  That's pretty good, I think.

After looking over this Lloyd's website, I'm convinced that for $2000 you can have a pair of the very best digital, remote controlled units around.  Half that would provide a very acceptable set.

Hope this helps and good luck finding what works.  Stetts

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)