AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deer Stands--be careful
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jdflyer
Posted 11/15/2010 08:15 (#1436621 - in reply to #1435337)
Subject: Re: Deer Stands--be careful

Centralia, MO
Many years ago a friend and I built a stand quite high (about 25') in a tree on a neighbor's property (with his permission). One morning during the week of deer season, I'm eating breakfast and watch a guy get dropped off on the road in front of my house. He proceeds to walk across my newly sprouted wheat field toward my new stand. I figure I'll run back there as soon as I finish coffee and get dressed. About 45 minutes later, I see this guy walking back toward the road and I stop to talk to him discovering him fairly injured with a big gash in the head. He had climbed into my stand and them almost immediately fell out of it. While I was driving this guy to the hospital he claimed to have permission to be on all the property he was on. When him I told I was the sole owner of one of the properties he allegedly had permission to be on he dropped that line but started claiming that he knew the guy that built that stand and it wasn't me. When I left him at the hospital I told him he was quite lucky that I wasn't going to send the sheriff to visit him.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)