AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Speaking of catholic wedding ceremonies
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Greywolf
Posted 11/13/2010 12:44 (#1434023 - in reply to #1433851)
Subject: Re: Speaking of catholic wedding ceremonies

Aberdeen MS
I kind of did the same thing only on the Wisconsin side of things.

I took a break from "attendance" that lasted about 4 yrs. Then I got a letter from the local church giving me other places in the area I could go to if I was disgruntled, no visit from the pastor, just a type of form letter.

So I went, took part of communion and put a $100 check into the plate. That seemed to satisfy them for another 6 yrs.

I then got a phone call from one of the elders inquiring of my absence. I told him it seemed like the only time I was a "concern" of the church was when funds were low and when I contributed, all was fine again. I asked if the purpose of the church was to be the concern of my soul as it was always preached, then why wasn't the pastor concerned? After all, he's the shepard of the flock.

But it seemed the only concern that was projected was the financial contribution to the congregation. As long as I contributed, all was fine.

He replied that a new pastor was taking over and if I would object to him contacting me. I said not in the least, I would openly accept him into my home and converse. That was 2 yrs ago, I still haven't heard from the pastor.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)