AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Speaking of catholic wedding ceremonies
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Skipper
Posted 11/13/2010 09:03 (#1433675 - in reply to #1433549)
Subject: RE: Here's what I know Smokie......................

squish - 11/13/2010 05:39

Molestation is bad. Molesters and those who cover it up should have their n**ts nailed to a stump and be pushed over backwards. I don't know what else to say.

Just a question here , not throwing rocks as there are bad apples in every denomination.

What recourse does the local congregation have in incidences of abuse? Are you satisfied with the action taken by your leaders?

I would like for Fred Phillips to be banned from useing the term "church" in his crusades!

Just for discussion I don't always agree with some of the stigmas associated with Baptist. IMO any position that can't be backed up with scripture is on shaky ground. (Scripture being the Bible)

My denomination is stigmatised as being total teetotalers (not scriptual) against dancing ( David danced in the street celebrating victory) card playing (legalism??). Also some veiw Southern Baptist as being against womens rights due to action taken at convention a few years ago.

Granted there is some basis for these misconception as we do preach against drunkeness but some say the water that Jesus turned to wine wasn't alcoholic. I believe scripture will dispute that. I personally can't see where a husband and wife dancing is wrong (well depending on the dance?? Dancing with the Stars type exhibition style---pole dancing--naw) Mixed couple close dancing probably leads to some wrong feelings. The bible does stand against taking something from others without earning it so gambling, card playing for personal gain, playing the lottery I would say are frowned on by scripture.

The womens rights thing was totally distorted by media. The position taken was that the man was to be the head of the house and the wife in submission to him but the scripture for that basis states that the husband is to love the wife as Crist loved the church. Is it wrong to be in submission to someone thats willing to lay their life down for you?

Questions / comments welcome. Scripture references on request--I would have to search for them lol

Edited by Skipper 11/13/2010 09:47
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)