AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Speaking of catholic wedding ceremonies
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Unit 2
Posted 11/12/2010 16:59 (#1432849 - in reply to #1432515)
Subject: RE: Speaking of catholic wedding ceremonies

Seems like things change slowly in Churches, especially the Catholic Church. I got married in Mexico 41 years ago last month. When my wife to be and I went to talk to her Priest, one of the first questions he asked me was if I was Catholic. When I said I wasn’t he said but you are planning to raise your children as Catholics, aren’t you? I said, “No they will be raised as Protestants.” He said he could not marry us than. Now try finding a Protestant minister in Mexico to marry you and if by chance you do find one will your wife’s to be mother and seven brothers allow it to happen. Well we did, they did, and we have been happily married ever since. Oh, and by the way, her mother did not want to go to the little protestant Church way out in the country of the minister we found so we compromised and had the wedding in her home. With her large family and my family there, her home was so crowded that my best man had to stand outside. When it was time for him to give me the ring to place on my bride’s finger, he handed me the ring through the window. Now how many of you have had the wedding ring handed through the window?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)