AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Speaking of catholic wedding ceremonies
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

dri
Posted 11/12/2010 14:32 (#1432735 - in reply to #1432515)
Subject: RE: Catholic Contract?

Central Mo

Catholic priest told my son(Lutheran) he needed to sign a contract that their kids would be raised catholic. He said he couldn't do that.   His fiance was not a confirmed catholic so he would not marry them so they got married in our Lutheran church.  After she was confirmed catholic they had to redo the ceremony so it would be recognized catholic, I swear the vows were exactly the same.

I have heard several in town say the priest there is old school catholic and several have left or switched churches because he is there.  I guess either you love him or hate him.

I don't think any religion is right or wrong, they are all an interpretation of a man, whether it is Lutheran, Jehovah Witness, Mormon, Hindu, Muslim or whatever.  My brother in law is a Jehovah Witness and he said he had a hard time going into the Lutheran Church when my son was married, he has made several other comments that are kind of disturbing too.  

It doesn't matter to me what you believe but don't tell me I'm wrong because of what I believe.

Just my two cents.  Well maybe one cent......

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)