AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Are you familiar with ABATE ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

pat-michigan
Posted 11/11/2010 07:39 (#1430804 - in reply to #1429607)
Subject: Re: Are you familiar with ABATE ?

Thumb of Michigan
You a AAA member, Kurt? Just wondering, that's the sort of brilliant statements they like to make when talking to their members. They clean it up a little bit when testifying at the Capitol. Most of the legislators don't buy it when they say that in Lansing, the freedom of choice option has made it the Governors desk twice. She veto 'd it both times. The new govenor has said he won't veto if he has numbers and facts behind the issue. ABATE has the info needed.

AAA is an interesting company. They insure a lot of drivers not qualified to avoid hitting motorcycles. Rather than encourage their insured to not keep running over people on bikes, they would like to get motorcycles banned. Now, that doesn't affect a lot of people in the big scheme, so not a big deal, right? Here's where it gets more interesting, though. Those same drivers that can't avoid hitting motorcycles can't avoid hitting trucks, either. Its obviously the trucks fault for being in the way, so ultimately AAA has a hand in almost every rule and regulation concerning trucks. They get that issue fixed, there's those pesky trains that get in the way and hit their insured vehicles when they forget to stop at RR crossings.

To be fair, AAA isn't the only insurance company involved. Just the most visible.

Outside of that, I guess I won't try to debate whether helmets save lives or not. Really not important to me if you believe that or not. ABATE won't change its focus on freedom of choice concerning helmets to change it's image to the public, so I guess I don't see that as an option to answer the original post.

Edited by pat-michigan 11/11/2010 07:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)