AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can we talk about legalizing marijuana?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

pat-michigan
Posted 11/8/2010 20:30 (#1427562 - in reply to #1425779)
Subject: Re: Can we talk about legalizing marijuana?

Thumb of Michigan
Michigan legalized medical marijuana a couple of years ago. Became legal by a vote of the people. The world was coming to an end for 6 months leading up to the vote, and for a couple of months after due to the evil weed being legalized.. Maybe the antics in Washington DC took the edge off the disscussuion, I don't know. I really don't hear much in the news here about medical marijuana anymore, positive or negative. Biggest issue recently I'd guess is that local governments don't know what to do about zoning for growing operations or sales. The law kind of happened before the details were worked out. Not a big deal, some communities local goverments are adapting stuff faster than others.

I do know a number of people with prescriptions. Some are close friends, with a variety of health issues. By all appearances, they are better off with the ability to use marijuana than not. I don't think that those that have never truly experianced pain or the illness associated with chemo can really grasp the usefullness of marijuana as one treatmant avenue. I've had to use a lot of prescription pain killers myself over the years, and I feel extremely fortunate in that I've never became addicted to any of them. Luckily, I haven't had to regularly use those in a couple of years. I do have a friend who has a very addictive personality (comes with his genes), and he's been treated in a variety of methods for pain relief. He's had a heck of a time getting off some prescription meds. He's been prescribed marijuana, and its been very successful. Partly because its NOT addictive.

Edited by pat-michigan 11/8/2010 20:34
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)