AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Planning a trip to New York City has anyone been
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

hagemn
Posted 11/8/2010 16:04 (#1427261 - in reply to #1426019)
Subject: Re: Planning a trip to New York City has anyone been

Southern MN
I lived in Albany for a brief time and spent a lot of weekends down in the city. I would suggest getting a subway pass, as it is the cheapest and quickest to get anywhere. It is pretty simple to navigate once you get a map. I always stayed in midtown, near times square. There are several hotels in the area depending on what you want to spend. Must see attractions... Statue of Liberty.. make sure you go to Ellis Island on this trip. I personally liked the observation deck on Rockafeller Center better than the top of the Empire State building. Either one make sure it is a clear day when you go to get the best view. Check out Central Park, they rent canoes down in the pond area. We did the petticab tour.. about $20 and he takes you around the park to all the main attractions. Just make sure the guy speaks good english. Times square at night is pretty impressive. One of the best tours we did was the sunset boat tour. You leave just before sunset, go down around Manhattan and get a great view of the city. They go about halfway up the other side and turn around. On the way back all the buildings and bridges are lit up.. my wife got some amazing pictures. Depending on when you go, they may start some of their Christmas shows. Radio City Music Hall had the Rocketts Christmas show when we where there. I am not a big fan of musicals, but I really did enjoy this show.
My favorite place to grab supper is down in Little Italy... you also get to see Chinatown on your way down.
Other good places to visit are ground zero (if you wife likes to shop Century 21 is just across the street), wall street, Bryant Park, and Macy's.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)