AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Planning a trip to New York City has anyone been
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

bandsaw
Posted 11/7/2010 19:37 (#1426187 - in reply to #1426019)
Subject: RE: Planning a trip to New York City has anyone been

SW IN
We made a quick trip to visit a nephew before he went to Iraq last spring. We stayed in a small town called Bordentown NJ. Rates were reasonable. We took a train to Trenton, NJ, and then took another to Pennsylvania Station, beneath Madison Square Garden. From there, you can take a subway to about anywhere you want to go. We toured Statue of Liberty. {Leave your pocket knife at home, you can't get on the ferry with it!!) , and ground zero. I wanted to see Ellis Island, but we couldn't, as part of the group wanted to shop at the junk places on Canal Street. My advice: skip Canal street and do Ellis Island. Two things: I wouldn't drive in that place on a bet. Not necessarily just that the traffic so bad as the cost of parking. I am also certain that any hotel in Manhattan charges way more than I want to spend.
If you go our route, note the time the final train goes back to your motel, as they don't all run 24 hours.
People were mostly friendly and helpful. Several folks thanked the 3 MP's in our group for their service, recognizing them by their haircuts and bearing.
The boys did the Empire State building and Times Square the day before we got there, and enjoyed it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)