AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

next leg up?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 11/4/2010 13:00 (#1421576 - in reply to #1421515)
Subject: well... how long would that have taken..??

The MBS crashed all the way to $.20 on the dollar.. are you saying $.80 was all fluff..?

Sure a $600 k house was probably a little stiff but does it have to crash all the way to $120..??

I bet it's worth $400.. given all the junk in the MBS's and all that.. probably net $300.. or $.50 on the dollar.

When the Fed acted it was $.20.. it's surely worth $.50.. maybe more..??? $.65, $.75. $.85???

Why do you want to wait that long for the market to scratch the $$$ together to do it..??  

Besides the Fed can make $$$ on the deal.. it WAS a liquidity problem also.. In fact, it was the deal of the CENTURY!!  Buying housing for pennies on the dollar.  HOW DO YOU LOSE?!?

For everyone who is worried about inflation.. go buy a house.. heck go buy your own sub-division.. probably can still do it in/around Vegas. Face it.. the Fed bought the deal of the Century.. Housing for pennies on the dollar.. lol.. and they can inflate their way out... "Heads I win.. tails you lose."

Seriously?  How do you lose buying a $600 k house for $120.. you could junk it and bulldoze the lot and still come out ahead...or at least fix it... How do you lose on that???

The problem is everyone was heading for their bomb shelters... and burying their dollars in jugs in the back yards... My 401K My 401K!!!!  GET ME OUT!!!!

(Now Granted.. SALUTE!! to those who bought farm ground for $9k... I'm talking about everyone ELSE....  "Stinking farmers... "yal I know the world is coming to an end and I'll join you in the bunker.. but... I just got to go buy my neighbor's quarter first!!  THEN I'll come... of course there is that 80 down the road... well you go ahead.. I'll see you in the bunker some day.. what?  Crude is higher... hmm.. well.. there's another quarter down the road...."

Edited by JonSCKs 11/4/2010 13:17
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)