AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Elk hunting v.s. Market watching
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Art Swannack
Posted 11/1/2010 09:59 (#1416993)
Subject: Elk hunting v.s. Market watching

Left last Saturday for the blue mountains of Washington with my wife for 1 week of Elk hunting. We camp at around 3600ft and have to hike uphill to around 4500 to find the elk. Finally got a shot at a bull on Friday but missed (he was running away and about to head into the next valley-did make him do a fast RH turn though :-)).

It was still a lot of fun. The usual experience is something breaks at home before we get back and the grain markets do something odd, but I don't have to worry about it because there is no cell service for 4 miles where we camp at. After a couple days you quit worrying if something went wrong at home, because it will have to be bad enough to send someone in to tell you via horse or helicopter.

Nothing went wrong (until we got home-now have 3 things to fix). And Surprise-the grain markets went up. Just offering this as an alternative to the closet mentioned below. Works as well and you get to appreciate how much time our forefathers spent chopping wood. I'll put some photos up in Cafe in a few days.

fwiw

Art

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)