AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bureau of Reclamation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ben D, N CA
Posted 10/29/2010 22:21 (#1413680 - in reply to #1413628)
Subject: RE: Bureau of Reclamation

Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot
My idea has always been to dike Clear Lake in two, all of the inflow comes in on the east side, but yet the west half of the lake is larger and looses more to evaporation. Dike it off for a seasonal marsh and flood control (reserve capacity) and then you just have the east half to use as a reservoir. Cut the evaporation and seepage loss in half or more and might have some usable storage on the other half. Never happen with the current mentality however.

Like I said, until the juniper thing is handled I can't see Clear Lake ever recieving the kind of inflow it used to, so it might be a moot point. I really feel for the guys on the west half there, that area is really sad.

That dam was screwed up from day one. I was working for Rouge Aggregates during that time, and the new dam was a big job for us. The contractor had no idea what they were doing. They were actually borrowing guys from our crew to help them set up their concrete and screen plants. I made several trips out there to help them out... heck I was barely out of high school and I was teaching these guys how to operate a mix plant. Have you looked that dam over? The finish work is really horrible, right on the top of the dam, makes you wonder what the rest of it is like. Call me if the water starts rising.... ;)

How is Ruby for a nieghbor?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)