AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bureau of Reclamation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Hank, in Or
Posted 10/29/2010 21:49 (#1413628 - in reply to #1413039)
Subject: RE: Bureau of Reclamation

Bonanza, Or
One thing with the BOR that really gets me is that they feel they can justify their insane actions. It tells you all you need to know about the BOR when they have biologists running the show instead of engineers. As long as that is the case it will be all about keeping water behind the dams or in the rivers for the all mighty endangered sucker fish while we are denied water to grow food. Just once I would like to hear someone at the BOR say they are going to get us some water instead of the excuses of why they cannot deliver water, but that would take some balls and they don't have any.

On this side KWPA was a complete train wreck from the get go. I have a very big problem with an organization that you have to pay dues to join distributing tax payer drought relief dollars. We were told many different things from the organization but one that sticks in my mind is " your district is not a due payer so what do you expect".
I feel the basin as a whole has lost sight of what we had in common in 2001......... water. The basin is so fragmented now and it seems some are more interested in a check than water to grow crops for a living. As long as the irrigators are this fragmented we are easy picking for the anti irrigated ag folks.

Clear Lake dam............ now there is a bad joke, new 11 mil dollar dam that is 8' shorter than the old dam. Did ya know that the crest of the dam is only 1' higher than the spillway now? How about $45,000 to write a new SOP for a screwed up new dam, it just gets better by the moment.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)