AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bureau of Reclamation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ben D, N CA
Posted 10/29/2010 10:49 (#1413039 - in reply to #1412930)
Subject: RE: Bureau of Reclamation

Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot
Crazy isn't it. The problem is these clowns don't have to answer to anyone. They just pull these numbers out of the air, and expect that we can just raise our prices as well to cover it. My own thoughts are the BOR is the lead agency in trying to run us out of business. Sure seems like it.

Lets see, we've already built and paid for an IRRIGATION project, that benefits a power company as well. First they take away the benefit we got in return from the power company. Then they charge us more for the maintainence of that project. Then, to top it all off, they take the one thing we REALLY need...the water the whole thing was designed to provide for us... and push it down a river for some salmon.

A lot of the stopgap measures the BOR used this year to get everyone by won't work again, like the groundwater pumping. We saw almost a 40' drop in the water table here in only a few months, they can't expect guys to pump like that anymore. They can't expect guys to willingly idle ground for less than the payments on it anymore either. There isn't a lot of people who are real pleased with the way things have turned out this year. On the local level I think KWPA did a good job with what they had to work with, but the Bureau has everyone so scared its going to be another 2001. The government people are the only ones who don't have to worry, they get a paycheck regardless.

I always wonder why no one ever talks about fixing Clear Lake to provide you guys with more storage on that side? Unless the Modoc NF starts clear cutting junipers on a huge scale, Clear Lake won't have any inflow anyway. Every reservoir and creek out there is dry almost year round anymore, another example of fine gov management.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)