AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Taking a road trip
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

iseedit
Posted 10/29/2010 07:55 (#1412796 - in reply to #1412364)
Subject: RE: Taking a road trip

central - east central Minnesota -
Chuck WI - 10/28/2010 20:47

I have a cousin turning 60 this weekend, thought we would head up to Grand Forks ND to surprise her. We will take 94 up through WI and MN to Fargo and up 29 to Grand Forks. Am I going to have any construction problems. What is the best way around Minneapolis, I have taken the north and south route and through the middle, which is best.

Are they still digging beets in the valley? Will I see any corn still out?

It is going to be quick, leave Friday afternoon, come back on Monday.

Thanks,  Chuck

Depending on when you leave (Friday evening or Saturday morning), I'd take 694 friday evening and saturday morning, i'd take 94 through the cities. Most likely, you will have heavy traffic during work rush hour ( from 2:30 ish - 6:30 ish), no big deal, just have to wait here and there. There are streaches of constrution here and there, but nothing that I know of west of Rogers (out skirts of Maple Grove). I would not take 494 south around the city - that adds too much time/miles and has the same amount of traffic or more going up to and through maple grove. Be patient / safe and good luck . . .

Edit: Depending where you are starting from - I like State Hwy 95 from Taylor Falls west to St Cloud, hwy 23 to I-94. If time wasn't important, I'd take that nice scenic drive . . .

Edited by iseedit 10/29/2010 07:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)