AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Inflated Balance Sheets
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Pofarmer
Posted 10/28/2010 23:22 (#1412564 - in reply to #1410693)
Subject: Re: Inflated Balance Sheets

Geez Steve, no need to get snippy, I was just wondering how you saw it, and, I'll address this too coup as well. I tend to agree with both of you, and, I'm ready to admit that I waited too long to buy. How's that? Now, here's what concerns me. Something happens to Ethanol demand, and we are again awash in grain. That something could be as simple as a true Energy policy that encourages cheap energy and domestic drilling and production again and Ethanol could get so high compared to oil that consumers demand that the mandates be repealed. What's the likely hood of that happening? We'll have a better idea Nov 3rd. Also, production costs today compared to the 80's are astronomical. Even with crop insurance, it won't take a huge hickup to get returns pretty far in the red, oh, and those crop insurance subsidies are going to be changed, too. Crop insurance will be going up. The bottom line is, we're hanging our hats on Ethanol demand, and nothing better happen to it or it's gonna be painful.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)