AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

grain gurus
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

pat-michigan
Posted 10/28/2010 14:02 (#1411882 - in reply to #1411347)
Subject: RE: grain gurus

Thumb of Michigan
Uffta - 10/28/2010 06:43

We need one of those prognosticators that have successfully predicted 20 of the last 2 bullish runs to chime in now..., patting their own back so hard it breaks their arm!

Reminds me of the infamous ISU meteorologist that has successfully predicted 20 of the last 2 droughts. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. Then cheers because he is such a good nut-hunter!

Just keep this in mind- if they were bullish last spring and still bullish now, they are not analysts. If they were bearish last spring, but then jumped on the bullish train when it left the station in July, they look a lot smarter.

I have observed over the years that a large part of the "I" states are having huge production problems annually. If you believe everyone who says that sort of thing. Early in my career, I honestly believed that those same "I" states seemed to be about the worst place on the planet some years (according to the reports I read in farm publications and now farm websites) to rely on to produce a corn crop. Couldn't figure out why the reports of high land values correlated with the lack of production. As I grow older, I'm more wary reports of the sky falling if its coming from certain areas of the US. Sorry for my occasional disbelief of the "facts" of the crop condition in any given area- for everyone who's struggling with a poor crop, there's someone else wishing they could find another bin to dump a great crop into.
Looks like your blind squirrel analogy works just fine to me, Uffta.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)