AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dog training collar
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ed Winkle
Posted 10/28/2010 06:33 (#1411340 - in reply to #1411039)
Subject: Re: Dog training collar

Martinsville, Ohio

We bought a used shock collar for 50 bucks. Catch her in the act about 3 times and give her a little jolt with a firm NO and if she has any brains at all, she will stop. Sable is so much better now but still jumps on me and about knocks me down with her excitement.

At 2 years old, she is losing the puppy and gaining the adult maturity. She is just so smart and excited to getting attention after waiting and waiting on me to come out of the house. Thing is, she would sure knock down an enemy and I found a piece of a man's shirt near my grain bin cables. No blood, just the elbow out of his shirt. Don't think that word doesn't get around, either.

Good dogs are very faithful and protective of you. Others are just farm dogs or house pets. This one is a keeper although I offered her to our dog trainer's wife after he suddenly passed away. In the receiving line she only looked at us and asked if Sable could still stay at her place when we are gone and I said Shana, if it would help you I would give her to you. We all had a good cry.

Some guys won't even get out of their truck until they see me and they know me and Sable. The others she keeps away. Training your dog is very time consuming but very rewarding. She never bothered the little grandkids last night when they came for Trick or Treat.

Good Luck,

Ed Winkle

Edited by Ed Winkle 10/28/2010 06:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)