AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

commodities are topping
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

canuckdeere2
Posted 10/24/2010 12:58 (#1405623 - in reply to #1405523)
Subject: RE: Not so fast

And as I said that it is going to be a change that society will have to decide to make, and as a society we also need to be concerned on who controls our energy strategy including current and future technologies, not has it always been be in the best intrest of society to allow private industry to control our energy resources (BP oil comes to mind)! Nor did I say that goverment needs to place excessive tax burdons upon its people and country to force energy change. The reality to my point is that society needs to make the choice for a better energy future, and as a society we vote for change with our pocketbook whether that be by converting a portion of your home to energy efficent technologies or deciding to buy the improved mileage vehicle instead of the gas guzzling suv or pickup. Lastly as I said before the argument should not be whether or not we are going to run out of oil and when that could possibly happen, an intelligent society would decide to diversify its energy production technologies and sources while at the same time making conservation of those energy sources a priority in the development of its energy strategy. The question is how do you get society to collectively decide in that change?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)