AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Just my thoughts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

msb
Posted 10/21/2010 23:21 (#1402897 - in reply to #1402440)
Subject: RE: Just my thoughts

Lapel, In
My thoughts are, we will have to wait and see what the mood of congress is AFTER the election. Tea party and Libertarian influence on the vote could send many of the Dimocrats back to Washington. Don't see how anyone can call the election yet. Should there be a huge landslide victory for the Repubs, their actions could be just as detrimental to the economy depending on what course they would choose.

The economy is ,right now, laying in a heap and no one seems to really understand what it would take to resurrect it,especially with Obama still in power. Taxbreaks will not be enough without unfettering businesses by modifying or eliminating all the rules,laws and regulatory agencies that congress created which caused foreign enterprizes to be able put our wealth creating machine in mothballs in the first place. Mothballs, that are deteriorating with each passing day and our machine(what has not already been scrapped) is rusting away more and more as time passes. We haven't been competitive on the world manufacturing front for years and it gets progressively worse all the time. That is, what has not aready been bought up by foreign interests.That has got to change if we are to save ourselves. And time is NOT on our side. The service driven economy we own will eventually die if nothing constructively is done. Agriculture,alone can't carry the ball for ever.

Its kind of like our industrial complex is playing the rest of the world a game of football. We dressed in our skivies,while the rest of the world is dress in full NFL gear. We have made the game unfair to US !

Edited by msb 10/22/2010 00:08
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)