AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What shall I do?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

deeredriver
Posted 10/21/2010 07:41 (#1401920 - in reply to #1401846)
Subject: Re: What shall I do?

Alma NE
Rich - 10/21/2010 04:00

Ok, so the N will not move "EVENLY" throughout the soil. I can agree with that.

But it will damn sure move 7.5 feet.

I somehow fail to belive that
When i used to Inject enviromental waste 15 years ago .One job we had was to inject chicken blood from a chicken factory well we had
a lil 10 acre wheat field we were workng on right next to an over pass ( so there was a good elevated view of the field)

Well after 2 passes diagonaly across the field ( anyone who has pulled a dragline slurry system will understand why you work across the field from corner to corner) the land owner found out that he could not have 2 types of enviromental waste applied to the same ground in the same year. The waste we apllied was free the paper pulp came with a nice little incentive so we got the boot off that field.

To cut a long story short for 2 years you could see the 2 passes across the field in any crop the guy grew dark green and taller
His methord of tillage was to plough then power harrow and drill 1 year of wheat next to corn for silage

Any way the injector was 8ft wide so 2 passes would be around 18ft there was no way in hell that the greener strips ended up being 33ft wide.
Ohh And and to anyone in the know will know that chicken blood is very high in N

Edited by deeredriver 10/21/2010 07:55
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)