AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What shall I do?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Rich
Posted 10/20/2010 01:07 (#1400756 - in reply to #1400730)
Subject: RE: Rich, have you ever harvested grass seed?

Kansas
Hmm.... Lemme see. Does spreading it around with the lawn mower count? LOL

Well of course not Garth. I assumed. Many a mistake made doing that.

So tell you what... Go back up to the top. Re write your post with all the parameters.

What nutrients were you going for?
What poundage of actual were you getting for poundage applied?
Did you do a handshake agreement or did you sign papers?
What crop were you going to raise? I assume you raise more then just grass but dammit, that will probably get me in trouble again.

You were doing a good job of bitching and looking for a solution. My opinion was it isn't that big of a deal comparing what I have experienced out in this neck of the woods. Maybe next time.... include a lil bit more info and I'll be more inclined to stay out of the conversation. Good luck getting a solution.

If it's a problem... go apply commercial. Get your butt out there tomorrow and flag the areas that he didn't put the manure down so you can apply in those spots the next availble time. Pokeys comment of soil testing seems sensible as well to get an idea of what your needing to make the field "even". But......even then........ if you really know what was going down on there and what the nutrient content is to begin with you wouldn't need to soil test and merely just apply what it is lacking in those areas.

Did you soil test originally to see where you were or did you guesstimate what you needed? Did the manure have a sample sent in so you know exactly how much nutrient of each kind you are after is going on and if its enough?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)