AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ruger Mark III
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

McCartman
Posted 10/19/2010 17:34 (#1400152 - in reply to #1399840)
Subject: Re: Ruger Mark III

I just bought one of those a couple of months ago - 5.5" Hunter. Paid around $350 - but our local hardware store has a sporting goods dept that probably moves more guns in a year than Cabella's. ALWAYS find guns cheaper there than anywhere else.

Took the gun out one afternoon to murder pop cans. Shot about 40 rounds through it and it started jamming. Slide was sticking. Figured it just needed a good cleaning as I was shooting those cheap Rem. Thunderbolts. Brought it in, stripped it down and cleaned everything. Reassembled and it still stuck - almost to the point that I couldn't work the action. I took it back and they shipped it back to Ruger. A week and a half later, I got it back and it works great now. Neither I or the sporting goods guy (who is darned good with guns) could see what was causing it to jam. Regardless, Ruger fixed it free of charge (I had to pay shipping TO them) and quick. I have always bought Ruger and this was the first time I've ever had any issue with one of their guns. I would buy another - it is a nice gun and they treated me well. Only disadvantage of the MKIII is field stripping is somewhat complicated. I had to watch a youtube video and strip it along with the video the first time. Don't lose your users manual - you'll need it as a reference if you don't strip it at least once a month to keep your memory refreshed!

The gun comes with a v-notch rear sight - you can write to Ruger to get a squared off u-notch rear sight, they will send one free of charge. I have no preference, but apparently some people do.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)