AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ruger Mark III
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ben D, N CA
Posted 10/19/2010 16:17 (#1400118 - in reply to #1399840)
Subject: RE: Ruger Mark III

Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot
Ruger makes some great rimfire pistols. I actually prefer the Mark II, same pistol without some of the new stuff (loaded chamber indicator, etc.) that is supposed to make them 'safer' but really just makes them more complicated. My Father in law has a M III with the long target barrel and it is a very accurate pistol. He put a red dot scope on it, makes for a lot of fun to plink cans or golf balls with. For carrying or keeping in the pickup I've got a regular Mark II, and it is a lot less bulky.

They are a fun pistol, one thing that makes them much more enjoyable to shoot is if you find one of the plastic speed loaders. You dump a box of .22 shells in, shake it, then just push your magazine in to load it. The spring on the magazine on those is very stiff and will give you a sore thumb if you shoot it much.

I don't know if Ruger still makes the Single Six, but if you like revolvers, check them out as well. Its the only handgun I shoot much anymore. I've got a 9" stainless model, real accurate and just has the right feel to it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)