AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Employment Issues
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

No Till 2
Posted 10/18/2010 07:45 (#1398716 - in reply to #1398501)
Subject: Re: Employment Issues

Badger, I believe you are mostly right. The exceptions would be jobs lost due to business closing. Even the construction slump will cause a cast-off of the least desireables though.
John, thanks for the links. I will call job service today. Last time they sent me nothing but a distraction. My local Elevator Man. has told me how many he has to go through from job service to find 1 worth hiring. Most say that can pass a p-test but fail. It's all part of a grand game it seems. I remember during the 30's the old timers called the WPA's---- WWW's. We-won't work. I had a guy last year who had been through the army, at least for awhile. He was the WORST employee I ever had. He could not even hook up a garden hose to a power washer. I told him to move the washer to a different location. He did. It would not prime. When I went to help him I discovered that he had taken my hose and float valve off my water storage tank, hooked the 100 foot hose that was on my power washer to it and left the other side of the two-way splitter at the faucet open so that water was just running out there on the ground! And he just stood there with the power washer running looking bedazzled as to why it did not have any pressure. If that's the kind of guys that are in the army the army will loose big time some day. I don't mean to discredit any veterans at all, but just having been to boot camp/4 yrs. doesn't necessarily prove a thing to me.
Guess I am just frustrated after trying to help an old ex-employee to get sober. Gave him a chance to pour his bottle out, go through DT's, gave him refuge from being around his ex-wife/house squatter/live in/ alchoholic fluessy complete w/ restraining order no contact issue, gave him work and food, gave him my best effort/advice---watched him decide to not take her back and avoidher-flop-go back to her on the weekend for two weeks- asked him to leave my house and stay in his own if he was going to be with her anyway to now this weekend he crawled back into the bottle and or jail....havent heard from him since Sat night when I called him. He was supposed to be to work yesterday, no answer- voice-mail is full etc.
I will have to let him go back to his mud. No wonder the manufacturing base is moving out of this country.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)