AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

any advice on working with aging fathers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

OHKen
Posted 10/18/2010 04:40 (#1398649 - in reply to #1398510)
Subject: Re: any advice on working with aging fathers

Ohio
What you described on putting 82% could be very daunting for someone who struggles on this huge jump in technology we farmers have experienced in the last 5 years.. The 82% is a real handful on its own, buy this statement I'm taiking about the danger of the product alone on a malfunction. Computers sure have been a god send to the new technology we have today. Now how many times do you have to relearn/readjust your way of using a tool (example auto steer)when a new update occurs ? This stuff is hard and intimidating for someone that started his farming career with I'm going to guess a JD 494 planter.Cut him some slack. That tireing thing might be some early warning sign for heart disease, you need to have him get that checked. Now here's a thought for all you technology groupies- somebody design a system that you can make settings to from another unit in a different location. example dad calls up with problem, you log on to his system , make the nescesary change for him. One last thing you and your brother might want to consider a heart to heart talk to mom, she's the one that hears his frustrations when he comes home after a day when I'm sure he feels intimidated by trying to keep up with you guys She could probably could give you insight on how to adjust to take pressure off of him with out making him feel bad. The guy I'm helping rite now has a ex JD service rep. working full time and I consider him to be a very bright,capable man and even he admitts to me these constant updates/ improvements are a real handful and I'm talking all the newest RTK JD has to offer. I did hear him say on their new JD combine the gps system has a helping function that list what your supposed to do next when making adjustments or new settings. Good luck

Edited by OHKen 10/18/2010 04:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)