AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Had all my wisdom teeth removed 10 years ago.... Got another one comming in.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

McCartman
Posted 10/17/2010 20:52 (#1398134 - in reply to #1397651)
Subject: Re: Had all my wisdom teeth removed 10 years ago.... Got another one comming in.

Only 3 of my wisdom teeth ever came in - the 4th is still below the gum line. I had the 3 taken out two years ago, two of them were impacted. Dentist had been after me for years to do it - I was 40 at the time. Oral surgeon only wanted to do 2 of them, take the 3rd out later. I insisted on doing all 3 at once, actually wanted him to dig that 4th one out too. He swears it will be fine - said if it hasn't came in by now, it never will. We will see.

Procedure went much better than I expected. I had four permanent teeth pulled when I was 15, right before getting braces. I swore at that time that nobody would pull another tooth out of this head - that is why I kept putting it off. I finally got tired of digging food out of the pocket on one side caused by the impacted tooth. I wanted to be put completely under, but would have had to use a different clinic that my insurance wouldn't cover as much. All was done with local anesthetic and nitrous. My wife had hers taken out 1 yr prior to me - and hers went well. She is kind of a wimp when it comes to pain, so I figured if she survived it, I sure could! :) My only gripe was the surgeon repeatedly told me how I should have had this done years ago. I finally asked him if he believed in reincarnation, thinking that maybe I would heed his advice in my next life. And for some reason, he seemed to have sewn the inside of my cheek to my gum when he stitched them up. I don't think it was in error as both sides were the same. It was kind of a relief when the stitches dissolved and things felt more normal again. All healed up fine, minimal pain and swelling, glad to be done with it. No tooth or bone fragments have ever worked their way out.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)