AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A Perspective on Farming vs. a Corporate Job
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

MarlandS
Posted 10/17/2010 16:15 (#1397886 - in reply to #1397826)
Subject: RE: A Perspective on Farming vs. a Corporate Job

Ellsworth IL
amsunshine - 10/17/2010 13:55

So I've been doing a lot of thinking.  I am really looking forward to getting married and moving to the Kansas plains with my honey. I know some people think farming isn't where it's at, as the work is hard, and the income is perceived to be very little.  I hear some people saying that it's hard to get a break time-wise for vacations and things, and that it's also a dangerous profession.  I hear that the hours are long.  Some people say it's better to have a regular job and collect a regular paycheck

I only quoted this part because this is the ONLY part where I percieve misconceptions or possibly errors in your thinking . You'll have to quit listening to the "townies" that don't know what they are talking about and the whiners that aren't doing what they need to make their operations efficient time wise .

Yes, there are times when he won't be home enough but there'll also be times when he's underfoot too much . Enjoy your new Life and new World . Find the time to bring him a snack when he's busy and put your foot in his butt for time with him when he's not really busy and just working .

And for those who would blast me saying I'm wrong about efficient operations time wise , I've worked big acre operations with big livestock numbers with too few people with all kinds of spare time for family and small acre grain operations with too many people and no time for family. I've seen it, I understand it, and I know what it takes to correct it . So, don't say it can't be done .
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)